The ultimate challenge for hikers all around the world: The Choquequirao Trek. Take your spirit and your trekking boots to walk in the Andean nature and reach one of the newest destinations in Peru. Four days of adventures in the mountains and the jungle. Four days of amazing pictures and unforgettable memories.
DAY 1.- CUSCO – CACHORA – CHIQUISCA
- 06:00 Transfer from hotel to Cachora in private van.
- 10:00 Arrival to Cachora. Start of the trek.
- 12:00 Arrival to Capulloc Pass. Lunch.
- 15:00 Arrival to Chaquisca, first camp site.
DAY 2. – CHIQUISCA – MARAMPATA
- 05:00 Breakfast.
- 05:30 Start of the trek. Hike to Playa Rosalina.
- 12:00 Lunch in Santa Rosa.
- 15:00 Hike to Maranpata.
- 17:00 Camping in Marampata.
(B, L, D)
DAY 3. – MARAMPATA – CHOQUEQUIRAO – CHIQUISCA
- 05:00 Breakfast and start of the trek.
- 06:30 Arrivval to Choquequirao Archaeological Site.
- 06:45 Guided Tour in Choquequirao.
- 09:45 Trek back to Sunchupata and Santa Rosa. Lunch.
- Return to Playa Rosalina and Chiquisca. Camping night.
(B, L, D)
DAY 4. – CHIQUISCA – CACHORA – CUSCO
- 06:00 Breakfast. Start of the trek back to Cachora.
- 12:00 Arrival to Cachora. Visit of the hotsprings in Conoc,
- Trip back to Cusco in private van.
- 20:00 Arrival to Cusco.
End of our services
Choquequirao Trek – First Day
We will pick you up from the hotel at 06:00 in a private van to go to the Cachora village. During the trip, we wll see the Inca ruins of Tarawasi. Once we get to the village the trek will start until the village of Capuliyoc (9200ft / 2800m). Later, you will have an amazing view of the Apurimac River Valley. Two hours later, we will get to Capuliyoc, a land of beautiful Andean mountain landscapes. Then we walk three more hours by more Andean landscapes and farmlands.until the campsite of Chaquisca (5100ft / 1550 m).
Choquequirao Trek – Second Day
You will have breakfast in a beautiful valley and then we will restart our hike up to Playa Rosalinia. As the path becomes harder, your guide will encourage you to keep on. Lunch will be in the town of Santa Rosa. Your surroundings will have fruit trees here and there as we approach the Maranpata zone. The camp will be in Sunchupata.
Choquequirao Trek – Third Day
We will have breakfast early and will trek one hour until our last destination: the Choquequirao Trek. Our guide will take all of you through the old Inca ruins explaining the history, uses, and every secret of the ruins. This visit is around 3 hours long. Then, we will hike back to Santa Rosa where we will have lunch and later we will get to the campsite of Chaquisca.
Choquequirao Trek – Fourth Day
After breakfast, we will start again the hike. During your way you will have a majestic sight of the Salkantay Snow Mountain and the Apurimac Canyon. We will arrive to the town of Cachora, and our van will take you to the hotsprings in Conoc for a relaxing time. Finally, you will be taken back to Cusco in the van.
What do you need to bring for this trip?:
• Insect repellent
• One bottle of water for the first day
• Rain gear
• Sleeping bag (7D & 8D tours)
• Warm jacket
• Long- sleeve cotton shirts
• Hiking shorts
• Swimsuit/sport sandals
• Hiking boots
• Pocket knife
• Camera and film
The basic notion of packing keeping in mind that you will face a variety of conditions during the trek and it’s very important reduce the weight to a minimum. Avoid extra tough carrying your day backpack during the trek, and for the porters, who have limited kilograms to carry including campsite gear and your extra belongings.
During the Choquequirao trek, you will deal with intense heat, strong sun and cold mountain nights, which can get below zero while camping at night.
- Transfers: Cusco – Cachora – Cusco.
- Professional Bilingual Tour Guide.
- Entrance Tickets to Choquequirao Archaeological Site.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners.
- Camping equipment.